IPS Syllabus 2017 pdf is detailed here. UPSC Indian Police Service Syllabus for adameic year 2017 with Prelims & Mains NEW Exam Pattern.
IPS Syllabus 2017
For all the aspirants who want to join the Indian police service, they will have to qualify the IPS preliminary and the main examination. Candidates can Download the IPS syllabus 2017 for the current year that is 2017 and can start your preparation according to the new exam topics. It is a good opportunity for all those who are willing to serve the nation to score good marks in this particular exam.
The aspirants who are preparing for UPSC IPS Exam 2017 must prepare yourself by IPS official syllabus given here. To score good marks the aspirants must prepare themselves enough to score from all others. The competition is quite tough among huge number of aspirants register for IPS Exam 2017. So prepare youself according to UPSC IPS syllabus 2017 pdf.
IPS Exam Syllabus 2017
The Indian Police Service (IPS) exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) of India in order to hire reliable candidates who have the required professional skills for the designated job. Previously, it was the service of Indian Government and was replaced by Indian Imperial Police in the year of 1948. With the help of this particular exam, the government of India is able to hire Leaders as well as commanders for their designated service for each of the 29 states of our country with the idea of serving their nation till their last breaths. The download link for UPSC Civil Service IPS exam syllabus is provided in link.
For the candidates in order to appear for the UPSC IPS Exam for the current year that is 2017, they are supposed to meet the required criteria. To prerare yourself we have provided IPS syllabus pdf for academic year 2017 here. The candidate must not be older than or to say in other words, must have not achieved the age of 30 years , that is for the general group, 36 years, which is for other backward classes, and 37 years, which is for those belonging to scheduled castes or tribes, and the candidate should be a citizen of India.
IPS Exam Pattern 2017
The UPSC IPS Exam Pattern for Preliminary and Mains Exam 2017 is displayed in table. Candidates must once check the official IPS Exam Pattern 2017 for more details.
|Paper type||Paper Name||Total Marks||Duration|
|Paper-A (One of the Indian Language)||300|
|Objective Type||Paper-I Essay||250||2 hrs|
|Paper-II General Studies-I||250|
|Paper-III General Studies -II||250||3 hrs|
|Paper-IV General Studies -III||250|
|Paper-V General Studies -IV||250|
|Paper-VI Optional Subject – Paper 1||250|
|Paper-VII Optional Subject – Paper 2||250|
IPS Syllabus pdf
The Union Public Service Commission IPSC syllabus complete detail wise is uploaded here. Candidates are just require to prepare themselves enogh to score good marks for IPS Exam 2017 and get selected. The Indian Police Service Syllabus 2017 pdf along with subject wise for written and descriptive exam while interview preparatio tips are also provided here.
Where candidates must also prepare themselves by soving UPSC IPS Previous question papers which is uploaded on our website.
IPS Syllabus – Paper I
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Geography of India and world.
- Current events of national and international importance.
- Economic and social development-Sustainable development, poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc. .
- Indian polity and governance – Constitution, Political system, Panchayati Raj, Public policy, Rights issues, etc. .
- General issues on environment ecology, bio-diversity and climate change – that do not require subject specialization general science.
UPSC IPS Exam Syllabus – Paper II
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
- Decision making and problem solving
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.)(class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. – class X level)
- General mental ability
- English Language comprehension skills (class X level).
IPS Syllabus pdf – Paper III : General English
- Precise writing
- Paragraphs writing
- Usage and vocabulary
UPSC Syllabus – Paper IV: Essay
First topic for the given essay will be Indian Society/ Politics/ Economy/ Development, growth and other aspects related to it. Second topic for the same will be security and related manner.
UPSC Civil Service Syllabus – Paper V: General studies
- Questions on constitution of India and Indian politics.
- National security.
- Brief Idea about history and geography
- Current affairs on national and social importance.
- India’s Diversity, unity amidst diversity and pluralism as a part of the functioning of our Indian society. Conflicts due to political, economic, social and cultural reasons. Conflict resolution.
- Graphs and diagrams.
- Democratic rights and also the kids of privileges that are provided to the Indian citizens. Emerging social changes/trends that are relevant to every aspect of any normal Indian citizens and are to be looked upon by the government.
UPSC IPS Exam Preparaion Tips
Candidates are requested to prepare according to the above mentioned and specified as well IPS syllabus for the current year that is 2017 in order to score good marks in the exam. They can also check the exam pattern for a better view of what is to come.
Candidates are requested to take as much hint or help as they can from this article in order to achieve better results in IPS exam for the current year that is 2017 and should prepare accordingly. For more details on this topic visit our website regurlarly as we will be uploading all the latest news and notification about IPS Syllabus 2017 or you can also refer to the official website.
If you have any questions regarding UPSC IPS Exam Syllabus 2017 leave it in comment box below.