- JEE Main 2017 – Important Dates
- JEE Main 2017 Eligibility Criteria
- JEE Main 2017 Application Form
- JEE Main 2017 Exam Pattern & Syllabus
- JEE Main 2017 Admit Card
- JEE Main 2017 Answer Key
- JEE Main 2017 Cutoff
- JEE Main 2017 Result
- How to Prepare for JEE Main 2017
- JEE Main 2017 Preparation Tips
- JEE Main 2017 Mock Test
- JEE Main 2017 Counselling Procedure
- JEE Main 2017 Sample Paper
- JEE Main 2017 Participating Institutes
- JEE Main 2017 Students Stats
JEE Main 2017: Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main 2017 will be conducted by Central Board of Secondary Examination (CBSE). Candidates who wants admission in various courses of engineering (B.Tech/B.E.) programmes can appear for paper-1 and those who want the admission in architecture (B.Planning/B.Arch.) programmes can appear for paper-2. As per every year large number of candidates appear for the national level entrance exam to get admission in 18 IIITs, 31 NITs and 18 GFTIs these are the participating institution of JEE Main. Therefore, read this article to get complete details on JEE Main 2017 as mentioned below.
JEE Main 2017 – Important Dates
Application Form Correction ScheduleTill end of January 2017Release of Answer Key JEE Main 2017Till end of April 2017
|1.||Display of Online Application Form JEE Main 2017||(1st week) December 2016|
|2.||Closing Date of Online Application Form||January 2017 (2nd week)|
|4.||Display of Admit Card JEE Main 2017||March 2017 (1st week)|
|5.||Offline Exam: JEE Main 2017 (Paper-1 & Paper-2)
Online Exam (Paper-1 only)
| April 2017 (1st week)
April 2017 (2nd week)
|7.||Display of JEE Main 2017 Result
Display of Top 2,00,000 eligible candidates for JEE Advanced 2017 Exam
|End of April 2017|
|8.||JEE Advanced 2017 Exam||May 2017 (3rd week)|
|9.||Display of JEE Advanced 2017 All India Rank (Result)||June 2017 (2nd week)|
|10.||Display of Counselling Schedule JEE Main 2017||July 2017 (1st week)|
JEE Main 2017 Eligibility Criteria
|Sr. No||Name of Courses||Reqd. Minimum Qualification|
- Total No. of Attempts: Only 3 attempts per candidate, can appear for Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main.
- Year of Appearance for Class 12th or Any Equivalent Exam: So, the candidate who have passed their class 12th or might be appeared for class 12th class or any other equivalent exam in 2017, can appear for Joint Entrance Examination Main 2017.
- In class 12th Number of Subjects or Equivalent Exam: Candidates should have taken at least 5 subjects in class 12th or any other equivalent examination.
Age Limit: Candidate must not be born before 1st October, 1992. I ca candidate belonging to ST/SC/PWD as on 1st October 1987.
Note: Date of Birth (DOB) as mentioned in School certificate of class 10th shall be considered.
JEE Main 2017 Application Form
Apply for JEE Main: Candidates intersted can apply for Joint Entrance Examination Main 2017 through online mode at official website.Candidates who qualifies the class 12th from science stream can grab this opportunity and appear for the Joint Entrance Examination Main online application form is available on jeemain.nic.in from December 2016 (1st week). As per last year’s the exam dates are scheduled for the academic year 2017-18.
|Offline Exam Mode||Online Exam Mode|
|Paper||Centre in India|
|Either JEE Main Paper-1 or Paper-2||500 (Girls)
|Both JEE Main Paper-1 & Paper-2||900 (Girls)
|Centre in Foreign|
|Either JEE Main Paper-1 or Paper-2||1250 (Girls)
|Both JEE Main Paper-1 & Paper-2||1900 (Girls)
- Fees Payment Mode: Candidates can pay the fees through Net Banking, Debit/ Credit Card or Challan. In case, of challan the payment must be through HDFC/Syndicate/ICICI/Canara Bank.
JEE Main 2017 Exam Pattern & Syllabus
Below are the exam pattern of JEE Main Paper-1:
- JEE Main Paper-1 comprises of objective type questions.
- Hence, Paper-1 is for engineering (B.E./B.Tech)
- While, Paper-1 are held in online and offline mode.
- Therefore, Students can choose any one of mode.
- Question paper of JEE Main Paper-1 can be in Hindi & English.
- Candidates staying in Nagar Haveli, Gujarat, Dadra, Daman and Diu can write exam in Gujarati.
- Students need to fill question paper language while filling application form.
- Total Duration of exam is 3 hours and for disability person 40% more i.e. 4 hours.
- So, for wrong answer negative marking of 1/4 marks are deducted.
|Sr. No||Paper-1||Topics/Subjects||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration||Duration for Disabled Person|
|3 Hours||4 Hours|
Below are the exam pattern of JEE Main Paper-2:
- JEE Main Paper-2 comprises of objective type of questions.
- Since, paper-2 exam is for Architecture (B.Planning/B.Arch).
- Students can appear for exam offline or online.
- The question paper of JEE Main paper-2 will be English and Hindi mode.
- Students of Daman, Nagar Haveli, Gujarat, Dadra and Diu can write exam in Gujarati.
- So, candidates have to fill question paper while filling the application form.
- Total duration of exam is 3 Hours and for person with disability 4 Hours.
- Hence, there is negative marking of 1/4 for each wrong answers.
|Sr. No||Paper-2||Topics/Subjects||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration||Duration for Disabled Person|
|3 Hours||4 Hours|
JEE Main 2017 Admit Card
The Admit Card of JEE Main 2017 will be issued March 2017 (1st Week). Joint Entrance Examination Main 2017 Admit Card will be released online only. Candidates need to download the admit card from official website of JEE Main. Also candidates can download the Joint Entrance Examination Main 2017 admit card before the exam. Candidates are required to carry their admit card on day of exam.
JEE Main 2017 Answer Key
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is going to issue the official answer key of Joint Entrance Examination Main 2017 on official website. For the ease of candidates CBSE will upload the answer key of Joint Entrance Examination 2017. Also, the various coaching institutes, expert will upload the solution key for all sets of Paper-1 and Paper-2. The answer key of JEE Main 2017 question paper can be downloaded free of cost.
JEE Main 2017 Cutoff
The candidates looking for the JEE Main 2017 Cutoff can download for General, OBC, SC, ST. The expected cutoff will be released by CBSE. The minimum and maximum cutoff will decide the candidates are qualified for the exam or not. Candidates must score more than the qualified marks in the examination. For each category cutoff marks are different.
JEE Main 2017 Result
The Result of JEE Main 2017 will be probably published by CBSE Board. JOint Entrance Examination Main 2017 marks will comprise marks in two parts namely, Part-1 will include marks obtained by candidate in exam. And,part-2 will disclose the All-India-Rank (AIR) of candidates. As per the merit list seat will be allocated for the candidates.
How to Prepare for JEE Main 2017
Candidates who wants to top in the examination must follow the below cycle and you can score good marks in examination with top rank:
JEE Main 2017 Preparation Tips
JEE Main 2017 Mock Test
A mock test can prove the performance of the candidates who is eligible to score more in exam with following task:
- Exam Pattern
- Level Of Difficulty
- Speed and accuracy
JEE Mock Test are available at Recruitment16.in. Before CBSE issues the mock test on officialsite, you can start your preparation.
JEE Main 2017 Counselling Procedure
JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority) will conduct the counselling procedure for admission in IIITs, NITs, GFTIs, IITs, ISM Dhanbad (Government Founded Institutes). Candidates can fill heir choices as per dates scheduled. Below are the Joint Entrance Examination Main 2017 Counselling Procedure steps given:
- Online Registration of Counselling
- Choice Filling Online & Locking
- Seat Allotment
- Payment of Fees
- Reporting to ARC Centre
- Reporting to Allocated Institutes
JEE Main 2017 Sample Paper
The Sample Paper of Joint Entrance Examination Main 2017 will be released under various publications and can be downloaded or purchased in PDF format. Therefore, you can go through the JEE Main Preparation material to know the JEE Main sample papers for free.
JEE Main 2017 Participating Institutes
While, there are about 67 institutes (31 NITs, 18 GFTIs and 18 IIITs) that accept the Joint Entrance Examination Main All India Rank for admission into various undergraduate engineering courses.
JEE Main 2017 Students Stats
Hence, below are the charts tabulated of candidates in Joint Entrance Examination Main 2017. Therefore the candidates can check below the stats of JEE Main 2017 and know the number of candidate appeared for examination.